Monday, June 13, 2011

Letter to Helen Brownd from Francis Postelle October 13, 1969

Dear Mrs. Brownd

Thank you for your recent letter of inquiry about Lambert Family information.  Hope this chart will be of some help.

I'm still very much interested in information concerning this family.  My mother died last year in Oklahoma City and she inspired me to do much of the research that I did do.  Her youngest sister, Loyce Lambert Elliot, lives in Tulsa, Okla and she is very much interested.  But our source of further research seem to be very limited.  I'm grateful that you are searching.  Perhaps you have access to records that I never located.  And hopefully you are a better trained researcher.

One of my disappointments was that I was never able to trace farther back than Jeremiah Lambert and Sarah Cagle who were married in 1820.  As you see from the chart they were in Gwinnett County Georgia in 1820.  He was 20 and she was 22.   Later records indicate he was born in Georgia in 1800.  But I'm not sure of his parentage.  I've guessed his father was John Lambert of the 1790 Georgia census but I have no proof of that.

The name Lambert has been popular.  It may be found in Colonial days records in South Carolina, North Carolina, and some of the New England states.  I'm sure I'vs seen it in England, Ireland, France (in books or other media which I've researched).  The original nationalithy is unknown to me.  But I have a feeling that it was France and probably the Alsace-Lorraine area which is near Germany.  Probably they were Calvinists who fled to England and Ireland as did the Postelle ancestors who were Hugenots.

Now for some personal data.  I'm 54.  My wife and I have just returned from 3 weeks with our only child (Phillip age 31) his lovely wife and 3 little girls in Silver Springs Maryland.  I'm retired from the Air Force and am in the Real Estate business here in Lakewood (a suburb of Denver).  I have a niece who lives there in Tempe.  She is my sister's daughter.  She is Mrs. Alice (Taylor) Griggeory, 3802 B Black Canyon Highway.  (Probably this is not Tempe.  But I know they lived in Tempe at one time).

Hope this info will be of interest and some help.  My records are not well organized.  And I'm a bit rusty about what I do have since I have not been active in research for several years.  But I'm interested and will be grateful for your information.  Probably can furnish more details too.

Sincerely,
Francis Postelle

No comments:

Post a Comment