Sunday, June 12, 2011

Letter from Ora Smith to Francis Postelle August 11, 1959.....This letter contains info about my Great Grandmother Mary Jones Lambert

Dear Francis
I have just received from your mother the historical gatherings pertaining to the Lambert Family, also the bit of Knowles-Jones information all of which is of much interest to me.

Also note your request for the Bible which I have, due to the paper being very brittle and the back off, I want to send it however I am sending the information here-in, and assure you, it is as written in the BIble.

Ellana F. Knowles was born June 11, 1834
Ellana F. Knowles and James E. Cook were married July 17, 1856
Richard H. Cook was born August 1, 1858
James E. Cook died May 17, 1860
William H. Jones was born July 1, 1862
Mary D.A. Jones was born August 22, 1864
William H. Jones died 1894

Ellana was my father's mother and am sure she had several in her family as I have a picture of an aunt and uncle Mr and Mrs Williams that my father spent much time with, sometime just before he married.

There is nothing in the Bible about Grandfather Jones (my fathers father) Ellana Cook was my fathers mother and there was nothing of either of her mother or father.  I was Ora E Jones, my father and your mothers mother (Vessie Lambert Postelles mother Mary Lambert) were brother and sister.

I surely wish I had something to go on about Grandfather Jones but I dont/  Its always to late when we should of learned all these things, we didnt ever think about wanting to know about them.

I have a picture of the Knowles family and the Willaims family that were made at Kaufman Texas, both pictures were made at the same place.  Also there is a date on the 1871 and 1891.  I dont know if this is the year they were made or not, it doesnt say.  Just Perry studia, if these pictures would help I will be glad to send them to you and if you do learn anything about them please let me know.  I surely do thank you for the part your mother send me and if there is anything else you want to ask me please do so.

Love
Your Stranger Cousin
Ora Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment